Friday, September 11, 2009

White Chicken Chili

I made a version of this tonight and it turned out pretty good. I modified it enough that I feel I don't need to link to anybody. And there's nothing new under the sun anyway, right?

This had the feel of a creamy "chicken and dumplings" type dish--it was yummy and super easy. I served it over bulgur wheat cooked with chicken stock. I love bulgur wheat!

No pictures...we can't all be the Pioneer Woman. And that's ok.

White Chicken Chili

1 small onion, diced
2-3 T. oil (I used coconut)
2-3 T. flour
2 c. chicken stock
2 cans great northern beans
1 c. cooked, shredded or diced chicken

Sautee the onion in the oil until translucent.
Add the flour and cook for a few minutes.
Add the stock and the beans.
Reduce heat to low and stir off and on for about 10 minutes.
Add the chicken and stir. (my chicken was cold so I simmered long enough to heat it up)

Simple, cheap, and easy. I could make a joke here, but I'll pass.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking my site Jamie! Just wanted to stop by and say hi. Your site is very cute... love the background.

    Best,

    Molly Chester
    Organic Spark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is the chili "white"? Is it because you don't like the president's health care plan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm just an equal-opportunity chili-maker.

    ReplyDelete