Sunday, August 23, 2009

When the lady at the co-op hands you radishes...


make a radish tart!

Sometimes it is frustrating to get produce that I have no idea how to prepare. But I've found it really is the best way to broaden my horizons because I would never have bought radishes before and now I have several recipes that call for radishes and I probably will buy some next time I see them out.

Here is the recipe I got from WikiBooks.

The radish tart was really good and I'm pretty sure any vegetable would be good in this. Actually, I'm pretty sure a dirty sock would be good in this. Heavy cream, cheese, butter...it's basically fool-proof. I'm a fool--I would know.

The best part--everyone ate it! My kids did not miss the memo that informed them that all kids are supposed to hate veggies and have a very short list of acceptable ones so I am always pleased when they will venture out past peas, carrots, and corn. Next time, I think I will diced the radishes more finely to make sure they get more in them though.

I think squash, tomatoes, eggplant--really anything--would work great.
We also had green beans and new potatoes and salad with it. Even The Carnivore approved. High praise indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment