Monday, August 24, 2009

Veggie Pad Thai

I made this recipe tonight from one of my new favorite blogs, Beauty That Moves.

This recipe calls for zucchini and red pepper, but I think one of the most helpful things I've learned is that it is okay to just use what you have. I used to be really hung up on only using exactly what the recipe called for, but now I just use whatever was in my share for the week and it (usually) works out just fine.

All that to say, I used yellow squash instead of the zucchini. And I couldn't find brown rice vinegar so I just used regular rice vinegar.

To please The Carnivore, I cooked one chicken breast and he diced it up and added it to his dish. The boys ate it fairly well. I think the sticky texture from the peanut sauce was a little weird for them. I might thin it out even more next time I make it.

This one is definitely being added to the rotation!

3 comments:

  1. so...did you use the tofu? i have a weird reaction to soy, and i'm thinking about trying this w/o the tofu.

    looks mighty yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I like pad thai. I'll have to try this. If I go the tofu route, I'll have to make it when I'm by myself. My husband has an aversion to tofu since he grew up being forced to eat stuff like that by his vegetarian mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to asnswer Kelli and say that I probably will omit the tofu next time. It didn't really add anything spectacular to it.

    ReplyDelete